The RegStrat project rationale
The project’s main objective is to bring together, from research and practice, the dispersed knowledge regarding SPI tools such as Foresight, Technology Assessment, Evaluation, Regional Innovation Audits, to develop
- a Compendium for a SPI tool set, adaptable for diverse regional contexts, and, to facilitate its adoption,
- a Guide enabling regional actors (in the private and public arena) to make widespread use of the Compendium to achieve the following impacts
- improved focusing, effectiveness, efficiency and alignment of regional RTD 'policies'
- higher mobilisation of investments for their implementation.
- pilot applications to test the concept in the three Convergence regions, and three validation events in the other regions,
- policy recommendations and dissemination activities to ensure multiplier effects beyond project scope and timeframe.