Scoping the Exercise
The foresight exercise was kicked-off with the workshop held on the 8th of March 2007. Thirty-five experts from different areas were brought together to debate and identify the most relevant sectors for the future of Extremadura, considering two criteria: attractiveness of the sector and current positioning of it in the region.
The sectors selected, as agreed by all the experts, were:
1. Food Farming Industry
2. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)
(5. Biotechnology. It was decided to get this sector analysed as part of the Food Farming Industry and the Energy Sector)
(6. Environment, as agreed by the experts, was to be studied as a cross-cutting theme along all other sectors.)
This initial phase of the project was a great success due to the active participation of the experts and the synergies created among them. The panel was attended by specialists from different organisations, such as:
- JUNTA DE EXTREMADURA (the Regional Government), especially with the participation of the Regional Ministry of Infrastructures and Technology Development, which is the main promoter of the exercise.
- “DIPUTACIÓN DE BADAJOZ” and “DIPUTACIÓN DE CÁCERES” (the representative bodies of the two provinces’ government and administration).
- SOFIEX (Investment Capital company that supports and assists business projects in the region).
- CEX (Regional investment Institution).
- Research and Technology Centres as IPROCOR (Cork, wood and charcoal sectors), INTROMAC (Materials sector), CENATIC (ICT sector), INTAEX (Food Farming Industry), CTAEX (Food Farming Industry), CCMI (Minimally Invasive Surgical Techniques), etc.
- Private companies as ARRAM CONSULTORES, IDOM and PIZARRAS VILLAR DEL REY.
- Companies associations as FUNDACIÓN MAIMONA, CREEX;
Below, you can find further information on the workshop:
- Expert Panel Workshop Agenda
- Participants List
- Expert Panel Workshop Pictures